Volunteering Roles - Events Coordinator
Volunteer – Events Coordinator
The Mentor Ring is a socially inclusive charitable organisation built on the principles of respect for human rights, diversity with our society and the promotion of equality for all. Our mission is to offer advice, guidance and support to socially and economically disadvantaged people through individual and group mentoring. We aim to provide a service that caters for the whole person by raising standards, confidence and self-esteem – thus creating opportunities and choices that will help individuals and their communities to realise their full potential.
What you will be doing:
- To support in co-ordinating community events and activities, liaising with community leads, attending relevant meetings, collating information.
- To give relevant input in meetings, making informed decisions on logistics such as venues, stage set up, dates, times, invitees and catering.
- To ensure progress and updates are fed back to The Mentor Ring.
- Creating marketing materials and giving input on publicity for the event and distributing materials through the appropriate channels including Social Media.
- Attending and assisting in the co-ordination of the event.
- To contribute to any post-event evaluation, outlining successes and any lessons learned for improvement.
- Experience of working with ethnic minority communities (optional).
- Good communication skills
- Self- Motivated and Good Interpersonal Skills
- DBS Check
Time and Place:
- Monday to Friday – Flexible 10am to 5pm – Flexible hours 5 per week.
- Butetown Community Centre, Butetown, Cardiff CF10 5JA
It was National Diabetes Day on 14th November 2023. United to raise awareness and support for those battling diabetes. On NationalDiabetesDay, let's spread knowledge, encourage a healthy lifestyle, and break the stigma surrounding diabetes. Together, we can make a...
It was Interntional Violence against women otherwise known as White Ribbon Day on the 24th Friday November 2023. On International White Ribbon Day, we stood together to raise awareness and say NO to violence against women. Let's break the silence, challenge the...
On this Remembrance Day, 11th November we honour the brave men and women who sacrificed their lives to protect our freedom and peace. Their courage and selflessness will never be forgotten. Let us come together to pay tribute to their legacy, reflecting on the...