Volunteering Roles - Digital Inclusion
Digital Inclusion Role
Purpose of this role:
The Mentor Ring (TMR) is a socially inclusive charitable organisation built on the principles of respect for human rights, diversity with our society and the promotion of equality for all.
Our mission is to offer advice, guidance and support to socially and economically disadvantaged people through individual and group mentoring. We aim to provide a service that caters for the whole person by raising standards, confidence and self-esteem – thus creating opportunities and choices that will help individuals and their communities to realise their full potential.
What you will be doing:
- Providing basic digital support and assistance to vulnerable adults.
- Supporting or guiding vulnerable adults to become more digitally fluent using social Apps such as Skype, Facebook, Emails, WhatsApp’s…
- Making face-to-face and digital contact with vulnerable adults to support them in attending digital workshops.
- Involve with Social Media platform of TMR.
- An ability to communicate clearly and sensitively with vulnerable adults.
- Experience of engaging with older people in the community.
- DBS check required
Time and Place:
- Tuesday to Thursday 11am – 2pm flexible.
- Flexible 2 hrs per week
- TMR office – Butetown Community Centre, Cardiff CF10 5JA
How we will support you:
- Taking part of TMR’s face to face training programme.
- Relevant Training with certificates upon completion.
- One-to-one supervision.
- Develop skills in communicating with people from different backgrounds.
- Running social activities and events.
- Personal and career development planning.
- Travel and lunch expenses reimbursed.
It would be a special networking event on Happy International Women's Day! It will take place on the evening of Wednesday 27th March 2024. This will take place at Morganstown Village Hall, Heol Syr Lewis, Morganstown, CF15 8LE. Let's celebrate the incredible...
It was on February 16th , we celebrate the power of creativity, ingenuity, and forward thinking that drives progress in every aspect of our lives. Innovation isn't just about groundbreaking discoveries or revolutionary inventions; it's about the relentless pursuit of...
Let's celebrate Safer Internet Day 6th February Tuesday 2024 by promoting online safety and responsible digital citizenship! 💻 Remember to protect your personal information, think before you click, and spread positivity online. Together, we can make the internet a...