Volunteering Roles - Digital Inclusion
Digital Inclusion Role
Purpose of this role:
The Mentor Ring (TMR) is a socially inclusive charitable organisation built on the principles of respect for human rights, diversity with our society and the promotion of equality for all.
Our mission is to offer advice, guidance and support to socially and economically disadvantaged people through individual and group mentoring. We aim to provide a service that caters for the whole person by raising standards, confidence and self-esteem – thus creating opportunities and choices that will help individuals and their communities to realise their full potential.
What you will be doing:
- Providing basic digital support and assistance to vulnerable adults.
- Supporting or guiding vulnerable adults to become more digitally fluent using social Apps such as Skype, Facebook, Emails, WhatsApp’s…
- Making face-to-face and digital contact with vulnerable adults to support them in attending digital workshops.
- Involve with Social Media platform of TMR.
- An ability to communicate clearly and sensitively with vulnerable adults.
- Experience of engaging with older people in the community.
- DBS check required
Time and Place:
- Tuesday to Thursday 11am – 2pm flexible.
- Flexible 2 hrs per week
- TMR office – Butetown Community Centre, Cardiff CF10 5JA
How we will support you:
- Taking part of TMR’s face to face training programme.
- Relevant Training with certificates upon completion.
- One-to-one supervision.
- Develop skills in communicating with people from different backgrounds.
- Running social activities and events.
- Personal and career development planning.
- Travel and lunch expenses reimbursed.
It was National Diabetes Day on 14th November 2023. United to raise awareness and support for those battling diabetes. On NationalDiabetesDay, let's spread knowledge, encourage a healthy lifestyle, and break the stigma surrounding diabetes. Together, we can make a...
It was Interntional Violence against women otherwise known as White Ribbon Day on the 24th Friday November 2023. On International White Ribbon Day, we stood together to raise awareness and say NO to violence against women. Let's break the silence, challenge the...
On this Remembrance Day, 11th November we honour the brave men and women who sacrificed their lives to protect our freedom and peace. Their courage and selflessness will never be forgotten. Let us come together to pay tribute to their legacy, reflecting on the...